Incubeta - who are we?
Incubeta was founded in 2001 and currently consists of 18 offices and over 800 team members. We’re an international team of experts in marketing, technology, data and creative, who came together because we want businesses to make the most of the opportunities the digital landscape provides. Our core values are: “Exceed Expectations, Dare to Lead, Earn Trust and Help Others Succeed.” To find out more about Incubeta, please visit our website.
OVERVIEW OF JOB DESCRIPTION
As the Head of Analytics and Data: South Africa, you are responsible for managing the analytics and data offering in South Africa in line with industry and Incubeta global standards. You and your team will be supported by the Global Measurement and Data Council to deliver the best in class analytics and data solutions to our clients using Incubeta’s Global Menu of Services. As part of your role, you will also potentially manage a technical team in the Analytics and Data team and in some instances personally deliver to tier 1 clients where you are the best fit.
You are required to:
- Manage the Analytics and Data team
- Set and drive best practices across the team across all areas
- Maintain an environment of learning and growth in the team
- Ensure all Analytics and Data clients are being serviced to the highest standards
- Grow Analytics clients and look for new opportunities
- Working closely with Ops, Consultancy and Client Services teams
- Train and share knowledge both with your own team and the wider company
- Manage Tier 1 Clients where appropriate
- Build out Analytics and Data Service Offering and guide the team leads to further develop their areas
PLACE WITHIN THE ORGANISATION
- Reports to the General Manager in the Global Ops Team.
- Works with the global ops team, international analytics teams, local and global commercial teams and local and international consultants
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
In order to successfully deliver on this role, you will be required to constantly stay on top of industry changes, new and developing technology and work closely with your team leads in order to keep innovating. You are responsible for providing your team with frameworks and foundations to allow them to work in a standardised and efficient manner across clients globally. You are responsible for ensuring that the work outputted by your team is of a high standard and in line with the best practices you have set. You are personally responsible for managing the more complex tier 1 clients and ensuring that your team has the necessary skill sets to deliver on their clients. In order to do this, you require the following skills:
- Strong knowledge of:
- Google Analytics 4 data analysis and implementation
- Google Tag Manager
- Data Layers
- Consent Management
- Data Analysis (Looker studio)
- Server Side Tracking
- Data Privacy solutions
- Adobe Analytics (Advantage)
- Offline to Online Integrations
- SQL (Advantage)
- Ability to navigate BigQuery and Google Cloud (Advantage)
- Advanced Google Sheets / Excel and the use of Supermetrics
- Ability to support teams to resolve technology/platform problems as well as reporting discrepancies, tracking issues and any other tech-related issues which affect campaigns including but not limited to:
- Data Discrepancies in Google Analytics
- Data Discrepancies between Google Analytics and Integrated Platforms, including BigQuery
- Google Tag Manager and Website Tag Troubleshooting
- Confidently debug GTM tagging
- Knowledge of Digital Marketing strategy / online acquisition channels and attribution
- Ability to create an enterprise level Measurement Framework and Plan
- Provide training to internal and external teams; including but not limited to:
- Google Analytics 360
- Google Analytics 4
- Google Tag Manager
- Digital Privacy
- Knowledge and understanding of analytics implementation, data analysis, data science methods and CRO enough to explain them to clients if required
- Strong Project Management Skills
- Strong Presentation skills
- Strong people management and leadership skills
- Ability to think and act independently as well as collaboratively.
- Ability to mentor and support other team members
- Relentless enthusiasm and highly reliable.
- Ownership driven, pro-active to self-learn and make progress.
- Confidently deal with enquiries around analytics from and establish influential relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong technical communicator - able to turn complex technical concepts into simple and easy to understand concepts for both internal teams and clients.
- Strong professional business communication skills - ability to write a professional email, conduct presentations and speak professionally to clients and teams.
- Exceptional attention to detail and pride in any work produced.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, pro-learning environment on multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Strong ability to prioritise and manage own time as well as assisting teams where needed
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Display honesty and integrity at all times
- Accountable for your actions even when making mistakes
- Organised and detail oriented
- Be approachable and open to constructive feedback
- Display a hunger for knowledge and a willingness to learn for any situation
- Google Analytics 4 Qualification
- If from a Google Partner:
- Certified Google Marketing Platform Partners Education:
- Design Successful Cross-Stack Architecture
- Data Capture with Sitewide Tagging
- Tech Infrastructure
- Privacy for Agencies and Partners
If you feel you fit the above criteria, please apply with your CV and cover letter.
Please take note that if you do not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying, you should consider your application as unsuccessful.